Yoga & Zumba® Fitness Retreat
October 6-11, 2012 - The Goddess Garden - Cahuita, Costa Rica
with Tracy Tippin, Danna Bowman & Anna Hunt
Join us for some fun Caribbean style at the upcoming Yoga and Zumba® Fitness retreat in Costa Rica. Surround yourself in the natural beauty of The Goddess Garden as you enjoy energizing Zumba® Fitness classes, stretching and relaxing with Yoga, healthy organic cuisine, tropical adventure outings, evening gatherings, and much more.
Feel inspired by the sounds and sights of the jungle during morning Zumba® Fitness classes and sunset Yoga workshops, instructed by Tracy Tippin and Anna Hunt. The retreat will offer a variety of classes and many options during each class, catering to all experience levels. The rest of the week will be filled with fun group activities and plenty of time to relax and explore Costa Rica. Come join us and experience Pura Vida Caribbean style.
- 6-days / 5-nights of eco-friendly accommodations at The Goddess Garden (with daily maid service)
- Zumba® Fitness, Zumba® Gold Toning, and Aqua Zumba® classes taught by Tracy Tippin and Danna Bowman
- Yoga classes and workshops instructed by Anna Hunt
- 3 expertly-prepared organic meals per day (vegetarian and vegan options available) served with local fresh juices
- Group outings to peaceful beach of Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge and the bustling town of Puerto Viejo
- Group hike in Cahuita National Park
- Bonfire on the beach (weather permitting)
- Evening activities will include evening of live local music and tree frog scavenger hunt
- Transfers between San Jose and The Goddess Garden
Prices for the Yoga and Zumba® Fitness Retreat
All pricing is on a per person basis. Single accommodation is for one person in a room; double accommodation is two persons per room in separate beds; triple is three persons per room in separate beds; dorm bungalow sleeps 6, in bunk beds. Each bungalow at The Goddess Garden offers spacious living spaces, porch or balcony, private bathroom, fully screened windows, amongst many other amenities.
Housing options are first come, first serve. If you are travelling alone, you can request any housing option and we will try to match you if there is another traveler looking for a roommate.
A variety of Zumba® Fitness, Zumba® Gold Toning, and Aqua Zumba® classes will be offered during the retreat, providing guests a variety of options to get moving to international rhythms and recent Latino pop hits. Maraca-like Zumba® toning sticks (between 1 and 2.5 lbs) will be provided during select songs for those who want higher intensity, and variations of moves will be introduced for those who desire a lower impact class. Some days, two Zumba® classes will be offered for you to choose from.
Our guests will also enjoy a variety of Yoga classes and workshops that will help stretch the body, with a special focus on muscle groups that have a tendency to tighten up after a high-energy workout such as Zumba®. Yoga classes will help relax the body after a long day, as well rejuvenate you for the evening’s activities. The Yoga workshops will leave you with tools for complimenting Zumba® workouts, covering topics such as effective alignment, protecting joints, and alleviating tightness in your arms and legs.
Zumba® Instructors Tracy Tippin & Danna Bowman
Tracy Tippin is a ZIN member certified to teach Zumba®, Zumba® Gold and Zumba® Toning classes. Her love of choreographed fitness began when she was a young gymnast who grew into a Junior Olympic champion with a passion for moving her body to the rhythms of the music. After years of corporate life, she returned to this passion and opened "Zumba® Max", a successful night club Zumba® business in Florida. In 2009, she was internationally recognized for her achievements in "ZIN Newsletter" and "Z-life Magazine". Tracy's classes focus on the music and you - tuning out everything but the sounds and moving your body in harmony with them. Her choreography is easy to follow, fun, exciting and will have you shimmying and shaking your cares away. She currently teaches in Atenas, Costa Rica where she now lives with her husband and two beautiful boys.
Danna Bowman is a ZIN member certified to teach Zumba®, Zumba® Toning and Aqua Zumba®. Infected by love of dancing and music, Danna Bowman has been performing since age 5. She has been trained in a variety of dance styles including ballet, tap, modern, jazz and hip hop. As a university student, she choreographed and danced in several musical performances, and has received numerous nominations and awards for her choreography work and personal talent. Danna adores Zumba® because it perfectly combines fantastic music and allows you to stay fit, without it ever feeling like a “work out.” In her classes you will experience all types of musical rhythms and styles, and her infectious smile and spirited instruction will make you fall in love with exercise! A native Texan, Danna lives in Costa Rica with her husband and two children and offers classes at a variety of venues to individuals of all ages, including children and teens.
Yoga Instructor Anna Hunt
Anna Hunt is a RYT200 Yoga Alliance certified instructor. Anna’s passion for yoga began over 10 years ago, as she turned to the practice to alleviate the stresses of corporate life. Heavily influenced by her time with Iyangar-taught Marianne Wells, Anna’s approach to yoga focuses on proper posture alignment, understanding her students’ individual needs and helping them find a deeper peace and acceptance through Yoga. Spending time with a variety of teachers both in the US and Costa Rica, Anna incorporates many styles into her classes, including Hatha, Iyengar, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga and Yin Yoga. Anna currently teaches in Atenas, Costa Rica, and runs Pura Vida Yoga Vacations with her husband Dylan.
The Goddess Garden
We invite you to experience your Caribbean yoga vacation at the eco-friendly scenic community situated a short walk from a breathtaking secluded beach. Offering an enchanting ambiance and an immersive jungle experience amidst the rainforest, The Goddess Garden features spacious bungalows, plentiful terraces and hammocks for relaxing, wood-trimmed lodge and dining hall, and an amazing hidden-canopy swimming pool surrounded by tranquil gardens. Find balance in your life as you practice Yoga and meditate in the expansive, open-aired meditation hall adorned in exotic hand carved wooden sculptures. Delicious organic meals are prepared with kindness from local organic produce at the on-site restaurant. Guest can also indulge in a variety of spa services, including massage, Reiki, Hot Stone treatments, and much more, to help relax tight muscles and re-align the body, mind and spirit.
The small beach town of Cahuita is only a short taxi ride away, offering restaurants, shops and access to the Cahuita National Park. The park trail meanders along white sand beaches and clear blue waters and hosts abundant wildlife. It is easy to spot White Face monkeys, Howler monkeys, three-toed sloths, snakes and Iguanas. Visit the popular town of Puerto Viejo, just 20km away, to find local crafts, boutiques, international dining and very active nightlife.
Click here for more details about The Goddess Garden and the Cahuita/Puerto Viejo area.
- Spacious bungalows immersed in the jungle
- Beautiful multi-level swimming pool
- Massage parlor with Ayurvedic healing services
- Wireless Internet access in bungalows
- On-site master chef offering creative meals, with vegetarian and vegan options available
- Nearby, the charming beach town of Cahuita
- Access to a beautiful secluded beach on the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea
- Access to beautiful gardens and nature walks for viewing birds, monkeys, sloths, frogs, and snakes, as well as the oldest tree in Cahuita
Optional Local Activities:
- Canopy tour and zip-line
- Kayaking trip
- Snorkeling and scuba diving adventures
- Horseback riding on the beach
- Hiking and swimming in Cahuita National Park
- Visit to Puerto Viejo
- Nature preserves like the Sloth Sanctuary and Jaguar Rescue
- Surfing lessons
- Canopy tours and zip lines
- White water rafting
- Bird and nature watching
- Butterfly farm tour
- Visit to Indian reservations
The airport you will fly into/from is San Jose International Airport (Juan Santamaria), SJO, in Costa Rica.
Ground transportation between San Jose airport and nearby hotels and The Goddess Garden will be provided on the mornings of October 6, 2012 and October 11, 2012. Plan for a 4 to 5 hour drive through beautiful Costa Rican country.
The shuttle leaving San Jose on Saturday, October 6, 2012 will be leaving by 8:00am at the latest. Hotel recommendations will be provided upon registration, for your stay in San Jose prior to the retreat. For red-eye and early morning arrivals, we can offer a pickup at the airport as long as you arrive by 7:00am at the latest.
The departure travel day is Thursday, October 11, 2012. We will depart in the morning. Please, try to schedule your return flight departure no earlier than 2pm to allow for ground travel time and early check-in.
- Your reservation will be secured with payment of $150, as a non-refundable deposit paid at booking, which will be applied towards total payment.
- 50% of retreat cost is due by July 29, 2012. The remainder is due one month before arrival, by end of day August 29, 2012. For bookings after August 29, 2012, immediate payment in full is required.
- Double rate is for two persons per room; triple for three persons per room; and dorm for six persons per room in bunk beds. Housing options are first come, first serve. If you are travelling alone, you can request any housing option. We will try to match you with another traveler(s), but you may need to upgrade to single accommodations. We will contact you if your housing request cannot be met to discuss the available options.
- Yoga and Zumba® classes, all activities and meals are optional, although they will not be refunded if missed.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a retreat for any reason. In this case, tuition may be transferred to another retreat or fully refunded, including the housing deposit. 30 days notice will be given.
- Zumba® and all Zumba® Fitness logos are trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC, used under license.
Retreat Investment Does Not Include:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Gratuities to hotel staff and instructors
- Additional hotel stay in San Jose or ground transfers to/from The Goddess Garden if arriving at the resort a day prior or remaining additional days
- $28 Costa Rica exit tax payable at airport upon departure